Intellectual Property Rights Manager
Hello! We are the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) and we pioneered the Health Coaching profession! What started as a small classroom of passionate students in a live setting in 1992, is now world-renowned for its online Health Coach Training Program and other leading-edge programs on the most current and important topics in health and wellness. With over 100,000 students and graduates in over 150 countries worldwide, we are the undisputed leader in the field of Health Coaching education. Health coaches mentor and guide clients towards nutritional and lifestyle changes to help them reach their personal health goals. We are headquartered in New York City and offer students access to a rich diversity of leading instructors committed to improving global wellness through education and prevention. Our mission is to play a crucial role in improving health and happiness, and through that process, create a ripple effect that transforms the world!
Why work for us?
You are someone who wants to be part of a mission-driven company and you want to make the world a healthier and happier place! You want the culture of a start-up paired with the resources, stability and foundation of an established company with over 25 years at the top of its field. You want to work for a company that walks the walk, with great perks and an amazing team of awesome, collaborative, and passionate colleagues!
The Intellectual Property Rights Manager is responsible for managing and administering the various aspects of the Intellectual Property (IP) owned, licensed, created, and used by the company (collectively, "Company IP").
As an Intellectual Property Rights Manager, you will:
- Catalogue the Company IP, and maintain the catalogs and records of the Company IP
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for the internal and external (i.e., third-party) use and maintenance of the Company IP
- Develop and maintain IP user manuals and train employees on same
- Monitor internal use of the Company IP
- Monitor third-party use of the Company IP, and address third-party misuse of the Company IP with the support of internal and external resources
- Structure and negotiate inbound and outbound IP licenses and permissions
- Assist with registering works with the Copyright and Patent and Trademark Offices
- Assist with special projects related to the Company IP, as needed
- Work cross-functionally with company departments to accomplish all of the foregoing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years of experience managing and administering IP permissions or publishing rights
- Demonstrated understanding of general copyright and trademark principles
- Copyright certificate a plus (e.g., Copyright Clearance Center)
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and efficient
- Independent, self-manages, meets deadlines and performs tasks with minimal supervision
- Proactive, asks thoughtful questions and recommends solutions
- Works well both independently and with a team
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and takes initiative to suggest solutions to problems
Integrative Nutrition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
Back to top