Human Resources Generalist
- New York, NY
Hello! We are the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) and we pioneered the Health Coaching profession! What started as a small classroom of passionate students in a live setting in 1992, is now world-renowned for its online Health Coach Training Program and other leading-edge programs on the most current and important topics in health and wellness. With over 100,000 students and graduates in over 150 countries worldwide, we are the undisputed leader in the field of Health Coaching education. Health coaches mentor and guide clients towards nutritional and lifestyle changes to help them reach their personal health goals. We are headquartered in New York City and offer students access to a rich diversity of leading instructors committed to improving global wellness through education and prevention. Our mission is to play a crucial role in improving health and happiness, and through that process, create a ripple effect that transforms the world!
Why work for us?
You are someone who wants to be part of a mission-driven company and you want to make the world a healthier and happier place! You want the culture of a start-up paired with the resources, stability and foundation of an established company with over 25 years at the top of its field. You want to work for a company that walks the walk, with great perks and an amazing team of awesome, collaborative, and passionate colleagues!
The Human Resources Generalist will be involved in day-to-day HR administration and will partner with senior HR management to support all human resource functions.
As a Human Resources Generalist, you will:
- Handle administrative HR work and projects, including maintenance of employee files and completion/maintenance of I-9s, drafting correspondence and notes, etc.
- Address day-to-day HR questions and correspondence
- Manage employee relations and engagement
- Manage open enrollment and administer benefits
- Manage performance review process and support managers with any staff performance issues
- Manage on-boarding, off-boarding, terminations, exit interviews, and prepare related documentation and communications
- Manage HR platforms on ADP and act as liaison with ADP personnel
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Assist with certain payroll items, including tracking raises, bonuses and promotions
- Assist with items relating to FMLA, NY PFL, other leave, ADA accommodations, etc.
- Stay current on federal and state laws regarding employment practices with support from legal department
- Assist with implementation of training of employees and managers
- Maintain company organization chart
- Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs and manage recruiting process from beginning to end, including drafting job postings and posting open positions, screening candidates, coordinating interviews, responding to candidate questions, etc.
- Assist with other projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Human Resources role
- Demonstrated understanding of general HR practices and federal and state employment regulations
- Discretion, excellent judgment and intuitive interpersonal skills
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now, Bamboo HR (or similar platforms)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Google Docs
- Highly organized, detail-oriented
- Can prioritize, think critically, and see the big picture
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Works well both independently and with a team
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and takes initiative to suggest solutions to problems
- Flexible and able to adapt
Integrative Nutrition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
Back to top