General Manager/VP – Exchange Business Line
We are the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) and we pioneered the Health Coaching profession! As a rapidly growing wellness platform IIN focuses on “what feeds you” in life; mind, body and career. What started as a small classroom of passionate students in a live setting in 1992, IIN is now world-renowned for its online Health Coach Training Program and other leading-edge programs on the most current and important topics in health and wellness. With a monthly audience of 2 million+ wellness seekers, over 110,000 graduates in over 175 countries worldwide, we are the undisputed leader in the field of Integrative Nutrition education, information and health coaching tools. IIN Health coaches, first learn to coach themselves then, mentor and guide clients towards nutritional and lifestyle changes to help them reach their personal health goals. We are headquartered in New York City and offer students access to a rich diversity of leading instructors committed to improving global wellness through education and prevention. Our mission is to play a crucial role in improving health and happiness, and through that process, create a ripple effect that transforms the world!
Why work for us?
You are someone who wants to be part of a rapidly growing, mission-driven company and you want to make the world a healthier and happier place! You want the culture of a start-up paired with the resources, stability and foundation of an established company with almost 30 years at the top of its field. You want to work for a company that walks the walk, with great perks and an amazing team of awesome, collaborative, and passionate colleagues!
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a General Manager/VP – Exchange Business Line who will be responsible for establishing a new business line and overseeing P&L, product roadmap, and sales and marketing plans. They will manage the delivery, performance and growth of a new division within IIN.
The General Manager is an innovative leader, passionate about improving health and empowering health coaches and wellness professionals to succeed and grow their businesses. They must have the ability to start and shape a business and build it from the ground up. They must be a self-starter, confident decision-maker, take initiative and be creative.
- Develop strategy and product line offerings through deep understanding of market and customer needs, develop multi-year road map, plan and set goals for growth
- Oversee business line performance and partner across organization to develop sales and marketing plans and product roadmap
- Identify and evaluate strategic acquisitions or partnerships to accelerate growth
- Analyze market trends and competitive conditions and contribute to the product vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value based on customer demands
- Track and optimize key metrics to measure customer satisfaction and overall success
- Stay abreast of market trends specific to the wellness industry, key competitors, and industry regulations and recommend actions to deal with competitive threats
- Review and translate insightful, comprehensive market research to understand the needs of the market and turn them into product requirements
- Research and validate user needs to ensure understanding of necessary features for the product lines, collaborating with the Product Development team to ensure all needs are identified, thoroughly documented and properly prioritized
- Ensure solutions meet market and business requirements set forth in business case
- Full Product P&L responsibility
- Build a team to support growth and expansion
- 5+ years’ experience as a General Manager or similar leadership role
- Experience in business development, strategic planning or product management
- Knowledge of business process and functions
- Experiencing managing a P&L
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BS/BA in business or relevant field; MBA is a plus
Integrative Nutrition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.