Chief Technology Officer
- New York, NY
Hello! We are the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) and we pioneered the Health Coaching profession! What started as a small classroom of passionate students in a live setting in 1992, is now world-renowned for its online Health Coach Training Program and other leading-edge programs on the most current and important topics in health and wellness. With over 100,000 students and graduates in over 150 countries worldwide, we are the undisputed leader in the field of Health Coaching education. Health coaches mentor and guide clients towards nutritional and lifestyle changes to help them reach their personal health goals. We are headquartered in New York City and offer students access to a rich diversity of leading instructors committed to improving global wellness through education and prevention. Our mission is to play a crucial role in improving health and happiness, and through that process, create a ripple effect that transforms the world!
Why work for us?
You are someone who wants to be part of a mission-driven company and you want to make the world a healthier and happier place! You want the culture of a start-up paired with the resources, stability and foundation of an established company with over 25 years at the top of its field. You want to work for a company that walks the walk, with great perks and an amazing team of awesome, collaborative, and passionate colleagues!
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) provides top technical leadership in all aspects of our business. The CTO contributes to the organization's growth through a creative and visionary approach and is responsible for establishing and preserving the company's technological edge against competitors. The CTO recognizes trends and advances in the field, and ensures that we are maximizing our technological capabilities internally and externally.
- Develop the strategic platform and technological roadmap for the organization.
- Develop strategic vision and direction to ensure technology solutions, both internal and external, are aligned with current business needs and future growth of the organization.
- Clearly articulate technology methodology, vision, strategy, and results to all levels of the organization and board of directors.
- Provide leadership and vision in all phases of application systems support for the delivery of effective business system solutions to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits.
- Keep abreast of technological advances in our field and ensure competitive advantage.
- Work with company leadership and HR department to implement a hiring and retention plan to attract and keep top-level talent in the Technology department.
- Drive achievement of plan outcomes through the development of measurable goals and objectives for technological operations short term and long term.
- Partner with fellow executive management team members to achieve financial targets, redeploy resources to proactively anticipate needs within the business environment.
- Ensure that technology equipment and applications are evaluated against market standards.
- Responsible for overseeing the Learning Management System (LMS) used in connection with our products and offerings and interfacing with LMS vendors
- Identify and address technology systems gaps and suggest solutions to fellow executive management team.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to effectively integrate innovative internal and external technological solutions.
- Evaluate, consolidate, and standardize processes, integrate changes across organization.
- Responsible for the technological Project Management approach and methodology.
- Work with PMO office and Project Manager (Tech) to carry out interdepartmental and companywide projects requiring technological expertise/input.
- Work with key business stakeholders to design and develop the business intelligence solutions.
- Responsible for all major technological initiatives.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with all corporate and external resources, partners, and customers.
- Establish effective privacy and security controls that support the appropriate use of information technology.
- Develop and maintain Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Develop, implement, and manage privacy law (e.g., CCPA, GDPR, etc.) compliance program.
- Stay abreast of developing technology trends and government regulations to ensure efficiency, best practices, security, and compliance.
- Lead, inspire, coach, and mentor Technology resources to address all current and future business needs (both internally and externally).
- Champion the development and implementation of IT and technological training and support plans to produce a highly effective and progressive team.
- Provide leadership and operational direction to all technological functions of the company.
- Develop and align the organizational structure to include roles, responsibilities, and processes, which migrate from the current configuration to the future state.
- Along with leadership, develop, monitor, and control our technology's long-range and annual operating and capital budgets.
- Assess stakeholder and leadership feedback to consider and implement improvements and adjustments to technology.
- 4-year degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or related area is required. An advanced degree in one of these or related field is a plus.
- Continuing professional technology education desired.
- Proven experience as a CTO/CIO or similar top-level leadership role (hybrid "CTO/CIO" type roles preferred).
- 8+ years management experience at a senior level required.
- Minimum of 12-15 years of experience as a technology leader within an organization.
- Prior work experience within online education sector.
- Strong preference for experience with learning management systems (Canvas, D2L), student information systems, Salesforce, Marketo, web technology (Drupal), mobile apps, online video platforms, and user experience.
- Strong architectural integration skills.
- Strong preference for proficiency in architecture, design, and performance tuning including development of business processes.
- Experience with General Data Protection Regulation compliance and other similar statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Experience with implementation and migration to a new learning management system and student information system.
- Proficient knowledge in Windows operating systems.
- Experience supporting a 24×7 environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile project management planning, scheduling, tracking, and reporting. Experience with Jira and Smartsheet.
- Experience managing virtual department and external resources.
- Experience in engagement with multiple management levels across technical users and business units.
- Demonstrated knowledge of databases, data warehouse, SQL, Tableau, and Redshift.
Critical Skills and Abilities:
- Verified experience operating in a fast-paced growth business experience and/or demonstrated effectiveness in a small company/location working both strategically and tactically.
- Expertise in e-commerce, community engagement, and financial operations.
- Ability to articulate business requirements and objectives and translate those into technology solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate IT and technology issues and recommendations to executive level management within and outside of IT and technology.
- Ability to effectively communicate performance and progress to a board of directors.
- Identifiable and successful track record of managing change within a complex business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, client relationship skills, and the ability to work effectively in a technical team environment.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Well-developed team and project leadership skills including the ability to set direction, drive innovation, get results through others, and establish clear action plans, roles, and responsibilities.
- Ability to apply excellent project management skills/tools to manage multiple, complex, and varying technology initiatives; high degree of organization and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Manage and negotiate tech-related contracts, including procurement and renewals.
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is seen as a collaborator and a team player; easily secures trust and support of peers.
Integrative Nutrition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status.
Back to top