Staff Big Data Engineer
- Pune, India
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for a Staff Big Data Engineer to join our new and fast-growing team in Pune! If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
We are looking for an experienced Staff Big Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. This position will be the Senior technical resource driving architecture for the integration of large 3rd party partner integrations with companies like Facebook, Google and Twitter to name a few. The ideal candidate is naturally curious, dedicated, detail-oriented with a strong desire to work with awesome people in a highly collaborative environment. This position will require the ability to own and lead data initiatives on a cross-functional team.
What you’ll do:
- Migrate existing data pipelines from on-prem regional data centers to AWS and GCP.
- Architect a new modern event driven architecture with both batching and streaming
- Adjust existing pipelines to fit the AWS processing model such as integration with S3, migrate to open source version of hadoop, adjustments to security model, etc...
- Working on Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, and/or Spark in columnar databases
- Architect, design, code and maintain components for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions
- Lead the entire software lifecycle including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, deployment, and documentation for streaming and batch ETL's and RESTful API's
- Partner and work closely with the QA Engineers to develop automated tests
- Participate in training and mentoring of junior team members
Apply if you have most of this:
- 8+ years of experience designing and building data-intensive applications
- 4+ years architecting systems in a big data ecosystem using MapReduce, Spark, MPP Data Warehouses, and sql/nosql databases.
- 5+ years with object oriented languages (Java, Scala, Python)
- 2+ years experience building production level systems in a cloud environment (AWS or GCP)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Proven experience leading the design and execution of event driven architectures for distributed systems
- Experience designing systems for performance, scalability, and reliability
- In-depth understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Low level working knowledge of collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- Database fundamentals and SQL
- Understanding the full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
- Ability to clearly communicate with team-members in a cross-matrix environment
What puts you over the top:
- Built systems in a containerized environment with familiarity in Docker, ECS, Kubernetes
- Exposure to Data Warehousing solutions like Snowflake and BigQuery
- Prior ad tech experience
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global leader in digital media quality. IAS makes every impression count, ensuring that ads are viewable by real people, in safe and suitable environments, activating contextual targeting, and driving supply path optimization. Our mission is to be the global benchmark for trust and transparency in digital media quality for the world’s leading brands, publishers, and platforms. We do this through data-driven technologies with actionable real-time signals and insight. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in New York, IAS works with thousands of top advertisers and premium publishers worldwide. For more information, visit integralads.com
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to email@example.com. We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.
Back to top