Senior Systems Engineer
- Pune, India
Vista Equity Partners is the world's leading private equity firm for Enterprise Software and recently invested $1.5B in the Reliance Jio Digital Platform. As part of the Vista portfolio, Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a NYC-headquartered global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry. We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our new and fast-growing R&D team in Pune. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will help automate and grow our infrastructure which is a global mixture of physical and cloud systems. The ideal candidate possesses an advanced level of knowledge of Linux systems and a firm grasp of all of the layers involved in a complex, high throughput, and low latency environment. The candidate will put that knowledge to use in troubleshooting, optimizing, and automating as much as possible.
What you’ll get to do:
- Support global production systems by participating in shared on-call rotations
- Capacity planning and growing the infrastructure to handle increasing traffic at a global scale
- Research and development of new technologies
- Work with developers to optimize applications and infrastructure
- Serve as a subject matter expert and train junior staff
You should apply if you have most of this experience:
- 4+ years Linux server administration experience (software, hardware, network troubleshooting)
- Coding ability in Bash and Perl, Python, Ruby or similar
- Automating administration tasks, configuration management (Puppet or similar), and monitoring
- Experience utilizing Amazon Web Services
- Network and systems security and optimization
- BS in Computer Science/related degree or equivalent experience
What puts you over the top:
- Relational (MySQL/RDS) and columnar (Snowflake) database administration
- Familiarity with administration and use of Elastic.co, Graphite, Zabbix, Kafka, Big Data tools
- Ability to debug Java/Tomcat applications
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.
Back to top