Senior Staff Big Data Engineer (Video)
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry. Our technology handles hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collects tens of billions of events each day; and evaluates thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds. If this sounds exciting then IAS is the place for you!
As a Senior Staff Big Data Engineer you will lead, design, implement, and maintain big data pipelines responsible for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions. You will lead the entire software lifecycle including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, and deployment for streaming, batch ETL and RESTful APIs. You will be using cutting edge Big Data technologies on cloud platforms. As a senior contributor, you will help guide, mentor, and provide technical leadership to junior team members.
You should apply if you have most of this:
- 10+ years experience in designing and building data-intensive applications
- 10+ years experience developing with object oriented languages (Java, Scala, Python)
- Experience with Big Data technologies - Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, Pig, Hive, etc.
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting production level SaaS solutions
- Regular use of collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- In-depth understanding of algorithms, performance, scalability, and reliability in a Big Data setting
- Solid understanding of OLTP and OLAP systems, database fundamentals and good knowledge of SQL
- Experience adding observability / monitoring capabilities to data pipelines using tools like Elastic and Grafana
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Experience in full software development life cycle and agile development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What puts you over the top:
- Experience building production level systems in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Building event-driven microservices applications using spring boot or gRPC
- Orchestrating data pipelines using tools such as Airflow
- Familiarity with messaging frameworks like Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with Spark streaming or Flink
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.
Back to top