Senior Engineer- Big Data
- Pune, India
Vista Equity Partners is the world's leading private equity firm for Enterprise Software and recently invested $1.5B in the Reliance Jio Digital Platform. As part of the Vista portfolio, Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a NYC-headquartered global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer- Big Data to join our new and fast-growing team in Pune. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a Senior Software Engineer- Big Data you will build and expand upon the testing framework and testing infrastructure of IAS’ core ad verification, analytics and anti ad fraud software products.
What you’ll get to do:
- Working on Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, and/or Spark in columnar databases
- Architect, design, code and maintain components for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions
- Lead the entire software lifecycle including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, deployment, and documentation for streaming and batch ETL's and RESTful API's
- Mentor junior team members
You should apply if you have most of this experience:
- 5-8 years of hands-on in object oriented language (Java, Scala, Python)
- Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, Pig
- Developing data pipelines in AWS or Google Cloud
- Knowledge of collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
- Linux command line tools
What puts you over the top:
- Exposure to messaging frameworks like Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Understanding of object oriented programming concepts and functional programming concepts
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience designing for performance, scalability, and reliability
- Good understanding of database fundamentals, good knowledge of SQL
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to email@example.com. We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.
Back to top