Senior Data Scientist, Fraud
We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Fraud Detection lab in New York.
The Data Science team at Integral is a center of innovation for the company and a major contributor to the company's core products. The types of challenges we solve have attracted people from industry and academia with diverse backgrounds, including machine learning, physics, biology, neuroscience, computer science, finance, and economics. We're passionate about maintaining an open and collaborative environment, where team members bring their own unique style of thinking and tools to the table.
Our fraud team solves problems of cybercrime, fighting hackers and other bad actors on the Internet. The scope of the problem requires our team to embrace creativity and innovation. Our data scientists have the freedom to fully control their solutions from conception to deployment: they perform the research, work with engineers to design and collect new signals, build models based on those signals, and integrate these models into production-ready pipelines.
Design algorithms to identify fraudulent activity of all kinds
Produce evaluations of the quality of detection algorithms (fraud detection is often an unsupervised problem)
Develop working prototypes of detection algorithms that can be quickly pushed into production
Prepare manuscripts for publication
- Advanced degree in machine learning or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience applying machine learning techniques to real-world problems
- Comfort analyzing large, complex, high-dimensional datasets
- Ability to quickly assess a problem both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Strong passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data
- Ability to present results and describe techniques in both technical and non-technical contexts
- Strong SQL skills
- Fluency in at least one scripting language, such as Python or Perl
- 3 - 6 years of professional experience
- Ph.D. in machine learning or related field
- Experience with Hadoop, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Spark, Impala
- Significant experience using a statistical computing package such as Python/Pandas/Scikitlearn, R, or MATLAB
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology company that offers data and solutions to establish a safer, more effective advertising ecosystem. We partner with advertisers and publishers to protect their investments, capture consumer attention, and drive business impact. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 13 countries. Our growth and innovation have been recognized in the Inc. 5000, Crain’s Fast 50, Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies, and I-COM’s Smart Data Marketing Technology Company. Learn more at www.integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to email@example.com. We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.
Back to top