Senior Data Engineer
- Modena, Italy
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a Senior Data Engineer you will build and expand upon the testing framework and testing infrastructure of IAS’ core ad verification, analytics and anti ad fraud software products. The ideal candidate is naturally curious, dedicated, detail-oriented with a strong desire to work with awesome people in a highly collaborative environment. You should be able to not take yourself too seriously as well.
What you’ll get to do:
- Plan delivery of data pipelines and API endpoints for IAS (Integral Ad Science) product offerings
- Migrate existing data pipelines from IAS on-prem location to AWS
- Architect and build data pipelines and data stores specialized for data science needs
- Design architecture to streamline data science processes
- Design and implement systems for large-scale data analysis and machine learning
- Build tools and frameworks for use across the data science and data engineering teams
- Define and implement best practices and development processes
- Partner with engineering teams on deployments of data science driven solutions
Who you are and what you have:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or related fields
- 6+ years of experience designing and building data-intensive applications
- Ability to communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences, verbally and in writing
- Exposure to coding in Java/Scala/Python
- Understanding of Big Data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and MPP databases (e.g., RedShift, Vertica, Snowflake) for complex data assembly and transformation
- Experience working with AWS technologies (EMR, Glue, ECR, Fargate)
- Knowledge of database technology, SQL, schema design and query optimization techniques
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
What sets you apart:
- Digital advertising or web technology experience
- In-depth understanding of algorithms, scalability and various tradeoffs in a Big Data setting
- Experience working with Apache Airflow
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.
Back to top