Senior Big Data Engineer
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
Our platform is the engine that powers the verification, optimization, and analytics solutions we provide. It has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds.
What you'll do:
- Working on Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, and/or Spark in columnar databases
- Architect, design, code and maintain components for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions
- Lead the entire software lifecycle including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, deployment, and documentation for streaming and batch ETL's and RESTful API's
- Mentor junior team members
Who you are and what you have:
- 5+ years of recent hands-on Java experience
- Strong knowledge of collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- Great understanding of designing for performance, scalability, and reliability
- Superb understanding of algorithms, scalability and various tradeoffs in a Big Data setting
- In-depth understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
- Good knowledge of Linux command line tools
- Experience with Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, Pig
- Solid understanding of database fundamentals, good knowledge of SQL
What puts you over the top:
- Exposure to messaging frameworks like Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Some exposure to functional programming languages like Scala
- Experience with Spark
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology company that offers data and solutions to establish a safer, more effective advertising ecosystem. We partner with advertisers and publishers to protect their investments, capture consumer attention, and drive business impact. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 13 countries. Our growth and innovation have been recognized in the Inc. 5000, Crain’s Fast 50, Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies, and I-COM’s Smart Data Marketing Technology Company. Learn more at www.integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.
Back to top