Senior Software Engineer
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We're passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Under minimal supervision, performs software development activities including software requirements, architecture, design, implementation, and integration.
- Participates as an active member on a development team. This includes participating in requirements review, design reviews, code reviews, test case reviews, and team meetings.
- Participates as an active member on a project development team. This includes requirements change control, defect management, risk analysis, and release management.
- Creates/Maintains software requirement/functional specifications.
- Creates/Maintains software architecture documentation.
- Creates/Maintains software (component) design documentation.
- Creates/Maintains software source code that adheres to design documentation.
- Performs embedded software development.
Performs unit testing and/or code reviews as per project policy.
- Performs integration testing to ensure software functions with application and with electrical/mechanical devices.
- Evaluates, investigates, and implements fixes to assigned software defects.
- Evaluates, investigates, and implements assigned software change proposals.
- Provides level of effort for assigned software activities.
- Tracks personal estimates over time in order to improve accuracy.
- Follows project and corporate plans, standards, and procedures to perform development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- To be determined based on department needs
- Written and Oral Communications
- Ability to Follow Plans
- Detail-Oriented Ability to administer engineering tools; configuration, requirements, and defect management.
- Ability to operate instrumentation and to handle many software components
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum 8 years of related experience or Master's Degree plus a minimum 4 years of related experience or waiver based on experience. Degree should be in a technical discipline such as Chemistry, Math, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Proficiency with a personal computer and software packages.
- Proficient in computer codes (Assembly, C, C++, Java, C#, etc.) found in the development.
International Mobility: Required: no
- <5% of time
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialities of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Back to top