Senior Manufacturing Engineering Technician - 2nd Shift
- Bedford, MA
Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA.
Under general supervision, this position supports the production of medical devices. Duties include a variety of technical support and administrative duties related to complex electro-mechanical test equipment and hand fixtures. Duties are performed within a cGMP/regulated environment with proper documentation of work performed
This position is a 2nd shift opportunity. (1:00 PM - 9:30 PM)
- Perform planned and unplanned repair & maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair electro-mechanical equipment using data and hands-on diagnostic test equipment.
- Work from specifications, schematics and written/verbal instructions
- Interact with production operators and technical staff to fully understand equipment failures and identify root cause.
- Review failure trends to identify and implement long term improvements for process.
- Develop process adjustments when required to aid production.
- Research and purchase parts, tools, and test equipment
- Develop and fabricate new fixturing for the department as well as modifications to existing equipment.
- Specify, perform and document all Preventive Maintenance procedures for the department.
- Provide input to the Team Leader for technical problems.
- Ensure proper compliance with all standards and company procedures.
- Maintain work area and equipment to ensure parts/tools availability and reliability.
Budget Managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key Relationships
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering team and production operators to maintain complex manufacturing equipment
Skills & Capabilities:
- Ability to read blueprints, electrical schematics, operate a multimeter
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical systems, PLCs/Computer Hardware Control.
- Ability to troubleshoot and root cause failures to the component/part level.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a Production Environment
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 5 years’ experience in comparable work environment.
- Trade/vocational school diploma with 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Experience with electro-mechanical equipment.
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Computer literacy and experience using Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel and Word.
- English as a primary language
- Required: No
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Our annual revenue is more than $1.7 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise the Werfen team.
Back to top