Senior Manager, Consumables Distribution and Inventory Control
- Bedford, MA
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Effectively lead and manage worldwide cartridge distribution and inventory control for the Bedford plant. Manages staff to include hiring, training and development. Take ownership for processes related to Receiving, Cycle Counting, Shipping and Inventory Control activities. Work with Customer Service to ensure we are meeting our customer commitments regarding product delivery. Ensure team members comply with all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Driving site and operational goals through individual contribution and direct supervision of staff
- Implementing operational efficiencies and cost reduction opportunities
- Thorough, detailed knowledge and usage of the SAP Manufacturing, Materials Management, and Supply Chain modules, acts as the primary resource for team training, problem solving, and coordination with our IT Team on any and all issues that arise out of normal daily functioning and periodic upgrades.
- Acting as the project manager for distribution-related continuous improvement projects
- Promoting a safe work environment
- Partnering cross functionally to ensure Import/Export process and procedure compliance
- Owning and revising, as required, Standard Operating Procedures and applicable training documents to ensure department compliance
- Providing direct leadership and mentoring to staff as it relates to receipt, storage and product distribution
- Supporting the development and implementation of cold chain logistics solutions as required
- Developing and leading all aspects of monthly metrics and present to management
- Supporting business continuity risk management
- Directly interfacing as required with representatives of the FDA, other governing agencies, and companies for audits and other inspections
Budget Managed (if applicable)
- Upwards of $10M per year.
Internal Networking/Key Relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
- Human Resources
- Quality Assurance
- Devens and other IL/Werfen facilities worldwide
Skills & Capabilities:
- The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and capabilities:
- Medical device and consumables distribution
- Cold Chain
- SAP subject matter expert
- ISO13485/MDSAP subject matter expert
- International logistics
Werfen People Manager Competencies:
The following competencies form part of the competency model for People Manager at Werfen and form part of our mindset around People Management and Leadership. We expect all People Managers of Werfen not only to demonstrate, but also to constantly continue to develop, the following competencies:
- Building Talent: Planning and supporting the development of individuals’ knowledge, skills, and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job responsibilities more effectively.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the internal or external customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities, crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs; promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Driving for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Driving Innovation: Creating an environment (culture) that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external) ; encouraging experimentation with new ways to solve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials: Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others’ emotions and behavior; leveraging insights to effectively manage own responses so that one’s behavior matches one’s values and delivers intended results.
Minimum Knowledge & Experience Required:
- BS degree in Business or Engineering; CPIM/CIRM certification
- 10-15 years in Medical Device or Consumables Distribution role(s)
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Logistics certification
- Required: No
- Up to 10% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialties of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Back to top