- Bedford, MA
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Working under general supervision, and utilizing more complex tools or fixtures than those used by an Assembler, responsible to perform production operations as defined by visual aids, assembly drawings, and written or verbal manufacturing instructions.
- Assembles, disassembles, or performs process steps on more complex products.
- Achieves quality and productivity according to established standards.
- Routes finished products to their designated location. Processes accurate inventory transactions.
- Performs routine inventory cycle counts.
- Maintains "5S" standards for their work area.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Assists in the training of new or transferred personnel
Budget Managed (if applicable): N/A
Internal Networking/Key Relationships:
- To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Demonstrated ability to follow English written and verbal procedures.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- External hire - Two years applicable experience in a manufacturing or equivalent environment (Equivalent understood as having performed similar tasks, utilizing similar tools and equipment, and working toward defined quality and productivity standards)
- Internal promotion - one year's satisfactory performance in a less responsible internal position within the manufacturing department. High School degree or equivalent preferred or, in place of educational requirement, 3 years of work experience in a manufacturing or equivalent environment (as noted above)
- This position requires the ability to lift and move materials per current OSHA standards.
International Mobility: Required: no
Travel Requirements: No
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialities of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Back to top