Sales Consultant - Hemostasis - San Francisco, CA
- San Francisco, CA
Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA.
Within the assigned territory, responsible for direct sales of hemostasis products and services to hospital and independent laboratories. The individual will contribute to the attainment of individual, area and company goals and objectives. Candidate with a CLS degree and experience working in a lab will be considered without prior sales experience.
San Francisco Territory: Includes all of Northern CA down to Bakersfield, and part of Northern Nevada. The vast majority of business is in the SF, Oakland, and San Jose metropolitan area. A few days of overnight travel is necessary each month. The specific dates and locations are determined by the Sales Consultant based on the current business opportunities in the territory.
- Analyzes existing and anticipated customer requirements and promotes consideration and purchase of company products and services.
- Initiates and develops contacts with customers, both existing and potential, with focus on new sales opportunities.
- Prepares and delivers effective product/sales presentations.
- Achieves annual sales objectives as set forth by management.
- Maintains all aspects of the Werfen Customer Database and Property Accountability Documents.
- Achieves and maintains a high level of competency in knowledge and positioning of Werfen products and services.
- Strives to achieve similar competency regarding competitive systems.
- Prepares accurate and effective quotations in accordance with existing policy and procedure.
- Prepares accurate forecasts, and other sales reports as required.
- Prepares an annual territory business plan, with consideration of current corporate and area focus and objectives.
- Responsible for complying with all appropriate ISO mandated policies, procedures, work instructions and other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Area Service Manager.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Budget Managed (if applicable): N/A
Internal Networking/Key Relationships:
To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Approachability, Action Oriented, Informing, Negotiating
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor's degree (scientific or business discipline preferred).
- Minimum of three years prior sales experience (medical and/or capital sales experience preferred), or equivalent business experience.
International Mobility: Required: No
- Some travel required
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Our annual revenue is more than $1.7 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise the Werfen team.
Back to top