Sales Consultant - Acute Care Diagnostics - Richmond, VA
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We're passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Within the assigned territory, responsible for direct sales of company products and services. The individual will contribute to the attainment of individual, area and company goals and objectives.
- Analyzes existing and anticipated customer requirements and promotes consideration and purchase of company products and services.
- Initiates and develops contacts with customers, both existing and potential, with focus on new sales opportunities.
- Prepares and delivers effective product/sales presentations.
- Achieves annual sales objectives as set forth by management.
- Maintains all aspects of the IL Customer Database and Property Accountability Documents.
- Achieves and maintains a high level of competency in knowledge and positioning of IL products and services.
- Strives to achieve similar competency regarding competitive systems.
- Prepares accurate and effective quotations in accordance with existing policy and procedure.
- Prepares accurate forecasts, and other sales reports as required.
- Prepares an annual territory business plan, with consideration of current corporate and area focus and objectives.
- Responsible for complying with all appropriate ISO mandated policies, procedures, work instructions and other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Area Business Manager.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Internal Networking/Key relationships:
- To be determined based on department needs
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Approachability, Action Oriented, Informing, Negotiating
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor's degree (scientific or business discipline preferred).
- Minimum of three years prior sales experience (medical and/or capital sales experience preferred), or equivalent business experience.
- Some travel required
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialities of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Back to top