QC Analyst I
- Orangeburg, NY
Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA.
Performs analyses of Clinical Chemistry, Co-Oximeter, Coagulation and/or Microbiology controls and reagents using various automated and manual techniques in accordance with established Quality and GMP requirements
- Performs automated and manual assays as detailed in departmental/plant SOP's and QC Monographs, including raw material, in-process and finished product.
- Interprets test results against specifications and decides if assays pass or fail.
- Maintains documentation of all work performed in accordance with GMP requirements.
- Performs product stability, proficiency and environmental testing (Orangeburg).
- Responsible for routine preventive maintenance, general troubleshooting, general cleanliness and calibration of Lab equipment
Budget managed (if applicable): N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships:
- To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities: Functional/technical skills
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Associates Degree in Science or Medical Technology or equivalent required.
- This position requires the ability to lift and move materials per current OSHA standards.
International Mobility: Required: no
Travel requirements: No
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Our annual revenue is more than $1.7 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise the Werfen team.
Back to top