Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA. Additionally, our Technology Center for Hemostasis and Blood Gas Reagents is in Orangeburg, NY, and our Technology Center for Whole Blood Hemostasis is in San Diego, CA.
Performs basic filling and packaging functions, and formulations as required, in support of Coagulation, Clinical Chemistry and Critical Care product lines; uses automated and manual methods in accordance with established Quality standards and cGMP's.
- Responsible for the setup and operation of filling, labeling, capping and packaging equipment. Responsible for the routine preventive maintenance, general troubleshooting, and general cleanliness of filling, labeling, capping, lyophilization and packaging equipment.
- Maintains all production areas in a clean and orderly manner which is consistent with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Completes work orders in an accurate, complete and detailed manner.
- Performs all duties assigned in safe manner consistent with Company safety policies.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completes all required records, reports, logs, documentation, etc., in an accurate and detailed manner.
- Maintains quality standards and maintains production pace.
- Immediately notifies team leaders or senior filling I packaging personnel of all anomalies and requests assistance whenever production or quality issues arise.
Budget managed (if applicable): N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships:
- To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities: Administrative skills
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- High School diploma or equivalent with two years of experience in a production/manufacturing environment.
- This position requires the ability to lift and move materials per current OSHA standards
International Mobility: Required: no
Travel requirements: No
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen team.