Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA. Additionally, our Technology Center for Hemostasis and Blood Gas Reagents is in Orangeburg, NY, and our Technology Center for Whole Blood Hemostasis is in San Diego, CA.
Under minimal supervision, leads software development activities including software requirements, architecture, design, implementation, and integration.
- Provides software technical leadership on a software development team. This includes participating in requirements review, design reviews, code reviews, test case reviews, and team meetings.
- Participate as an active member on a project development team: This includes requirements change control, defect management, risk analysis, and release management.
- Creates/Maintains software requirement/functional specifications.
- Creates/Maintains software architecture documentation.
- Creates/Maintains software (component) design documentation.
- Creates/Maintains software source code that adheres to design documentation.
- Performs unit testing and/or code reviews as per project policy.
- Performs integration testing to ensure software functions within application and with electrical and mechanical devices.
- Evaluates, investigates, and implements fixes to assigned software defects.
- Evaluates, investigates, and implements assigned software change proposals.
- Provides level of effort for assigned software activities
- Tracks personal estimates over time in order to improve accuracy.
- Follows project and corporate software plans, standards, and procedures to perform software development
- Creates/Maintains software project plans.
- Creates/Maintains software configuration management plans.
- Coordinates, schedules and supervises software developers for a project
- Brings new software technologies into the company.
- Creates/Maintains applications (utilities) for the project to improve team efficiency, such as hardware control for other engineering disciplines or automated data analyzers for software test.
- Must have the ability to handle many software components and take ownership for a large percentage of the code base.
- Must have the ability to take ownership for high complexity implementations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Budget managed (if applicable) N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships:
- TBD based on departmental/project needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Leadership, Management, Team, Individual, etc (for e.g.: holds people accountable, teamwork, delegation, communication, impact and influencing, etc)
- Consult dictionary of competencies on Manager's Database Ability to administer software engineering tools: configuration management, requirements management, and defect management.
- Ability to operate instrumentation.
- Possesses strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment of software developers and testers.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum of 10 years of related experience or Master's Degree plus a minimum of 8 years of related experience or waiver based on experience.
- Degree should be in a technical discipline such as Chemistry, Math, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science. Proficiency with a personal computer and software packages.
- Proficient in code languages (Assembly, C, C++, Java, C#, etc.) found in product development.
International Mobility: Required: no
- <5% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen team.