Patient Blood Management (PBM) Specialist - West
- Los Angeles, CA
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Patient Blood Management (PBM) Specialists are responsible for Rotem and VerifyNow instrument sales and revenue growth within their assigned geography. To grow revenue, PBM Specialists will present health economic and clinical information, IT solutions, and instrument demonstrations to hospital departments associated with transfusion and Patient Blood Management including the cardiac operating room, transplant, trauma, blood bank, laboratory, and purchasing. Additionally, PBM specialists will build physician relationships and Key Opinion Leader support.
- Achieve reagent growth goals through the presentation of health economic and clinical product information, training, and instrument demonstrations as outlined in commission plan document
- Expand physician engagement
- Achieve new instrument goals –competitive and expansion of current customer testing capacity, as outlined by commission plan document
- Achieve instrument revenue goals as outlined by commission plan document
- In collaboration with Sales Consultants and Area Business Managers, prepare and negotiate new contracts
- In collaboration with Sales Consultants and Area Business Managers, prepare instrument and reagent forecasts
- Collaborate with Area Sales Consultants, Clinical Applications Consultants, and Corporate Account Directors to achieve shared goals and company initiatives.
- Develop Key Opinion Leader Relationships
- Share observations and consultative guidance to corporate level leadership
- Provide support to North American internal training initiatives as needed
Budget Managed (if applicable):
- Personal Travel & Expense Budget
Internal Networking/Key Relationships:
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
- Client Services
- North America Marketing
- Medical Science Liaisons
- North America Commercial Leadership
Skills & Capabilities:
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and capabilities:
- Strong Presentation skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Market creation and expansion through capital sales and clinical education
- The ability to collaboration with internal and field-based IL employees to achieve shared goals
- The ability to bring multiple customer buying influences together to reach consensus on instrument procurement and utilization (e.g. lab, CVOR, blood bank)
- Capital Sales – managing longer term buying cycles from prospecting, to contracted, and test volume utilization.
- The ability to call on clinical departments including the CVOR, Lab, Trauma, Transplant, and Interventional Neurology.
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree required (degree in sciences- biology, chemistry, etc., preferred).
- Clinical Licensure, experience, or education in the following disciplines.
- Perfusion, Nursing, Transfusion Services, Anesthesia, Blood Bank
- Sales Experience including test utilization and capital sales strongly preferred
- Experience calling on or working the Lab, CVOR, and or clinical areas associated with blood management and testing preferred
- Experience expanding a new market new novel technology preferred
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Language: Fluency in English required.
- Required: No
- Approximately 75% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialties of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Back to top