Operational Excellence Leader
- Orangeburg, NY
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
The Operational Excellence Leader (OpEx Leader) will work closely with Sr. Management to ensure that continuous improvement, Lean and Six Sigma, are deployed. This person has responsibility for meeting yearly OpEx goals and objectives for the facility.
- Responsible for supporting the deploying of OpEx programs at the facility.
- Examples of these programs include Lean deployment, Six Sigma deployment, Statistical Process Control deployment, etc.
- Identifies, leads and presents to management facility improvement projects of significant size and scope.
- Assists senior leaders and champions in selecting projects that align with business/functional goals and strategies.
- Coaches and mentors employees to ensure their continued development in Lean and Six Sigma.
- Supports the delivery of OpEx training with mentoring and certifications within the plant, and conducts ad-hoc training on specific tools as required.
- Ensures project tracking system and business results are maintained and results are communicated/summarized monthly to Sr. Management
Budget managed (if applicable): N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships:
- TBD based on departmental needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Solid past performance as a leader of Lean or Six Sigma projects.
- Strong analytical/statistical problem solving tools.
- Ability to support multiple projects and balance priorities.
- Broad business knowledge and ability to link customer needs with business processes.
- Strong coaching, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication and platform skills.
- An understanding of and proficiency in Change Management.
- Advanced skills in MS Office and statistical software packages (Minitab etc.)
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- BS/BA degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study.
- A minimum of 8 years of business operations and/or plant manufacturing or engineering experience, which includes 3 years of demonstrated process improvement program success.
- Certified Green or Black Belt, preferred
International Mobility: Required: no
- <5% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialities of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Back to top