Marketing Product Manager
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Critical Care, Hemostasis and Patient Blood Management testing in hospitals, at the point-of-care and in the laboratory. Ou8r success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We're passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
This Product Manager position is part of the Worldwide Marketing Department based in the Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) Headquarter in Bedford (MA) and is responsible for the development and implementation of the global product strategy and associated marketing programs.
This Product Manager will focus on IL's hemostasis laboratory systems, working in coordination with R&D, Operations, Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, as well as with affiliates commercial teams.
We are looking for someone passionate about full life cycle management, from concept, to launch and support.
If you are looking to make a major impact on the future success of an organization, with high visibility, this is the opportunity for you.
- Prepare and coordinate marketing support programs related to hemostasis analyzers:
- Develop key messages, tactical / strategic marketing plans / tools / activities and communicate product positioning.
- Contribute to planning and creation of analytical tools, advertising and promotional materials. Write technical bulletins and newsletters.
- Drive innovation and identify short and long-term product/solution opportunities and business ideas to contribute to strategy and roadmap (e.g. shifts in technology, market trends).
- Train Country organizations in the product and value proposal.
- Key marketing interface with R&D, Operations and QA/RA
- Key role in the definition and development of new hemostasis analyzer with focus on workflow and lab automation.
- Monitor field test and critical requirements to quality for the product
- Liaise with internal and external partners to address product issues, coordinate feedback with countries and customers around product lifecycle related topics and identify process improvements along the value chain.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of market and competition.
- Serve as a Global Consultant for coagulation analyzers.
- Manage and drive internal projects with minimal supervision.
- Interface with all levels of management and independently resolve conflicts/problems with company peers.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities:
Analytic thinking, Initiative, Leadership, Business Acumen; Customer Focus; Organizational Agility; Peer Relationships; Planning; Presentation Skills; Drive for Results
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- BS/MSc in Science, Engineering or relevant area of study and ideally a further qualification in a business or marketing related discipline. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Marketing Product Management, developing and commercializing products within diagnostics, medical devices or a related industry.
- Deep understanding of clinical processes within the Lab to position all benefits of the products and the way the portfolio adds value to the business/customer.
- In depth understanding of the coagulation field and the application in laboratory automation is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver high quality presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent people management skills in a matrix / project (developing and building teams), leadership skills to facilitate collaboration and drive results within a matrix organization.
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time.
International Mobility: Required: no
Travel requirements: Approximately 25% of time
Back to top