Manufacturing Engineer II
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We're passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Responsible for process engineering and production support of a product or product line. Provides technical support for continuous improvement team efforts focused on process improvement and optimization. Provides engineering design, procedures and implementation of assembly methods, test methods, equipment operation, including specification and optimization.
This position is the technical support for an electro/mechanical/reagent test process. Engineers with strong electro/mechanical background would do well in this position.
Key responsibilities are:
- Daily data analysis of prior 24 hours test results using MiniTab.
- Troubleshoot test fixture issues using data and hands-on diagnostics of test equipment.
- Guide technicians in daily maintenance and repair of testers.
- Define and execute projects to provide long term improvements to test process.
- Interact with production operators and R&D to fully understand test failures and identify root causes.
- Writes process procedures, change orders, equipment specifications, validation plans, and reports.
- Perform engineering design of test equipment, assembly equipment, fixtures and tools.
- Perform IQ/OQ/PQ validation activities.
- Participate in the introduction of new products into manufacturing
- Collaborate with R&D and suppliers to improve product robustness and manufacturability both pre- and post-release.
- Participate in Lean Six Sigma projects of significant scope and complexity.
Budget managed (if applicable): N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- Interact with Manufacturing Departments to aid in Root Cause problem solving.
- Interact with R&D to better understand product technology.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- B.S. in Engineering and a minimum of 2 years of experience related to the areas given above or suitable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience with Lean/Six Sigma preferred
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialities of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Back to top