Manager, Technical Support, IT Solutions
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We're passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
The Technical Support Group (TSG) provides hardware, software and applications support for all products in the IT Solutions, Acute Care Diagnostics (ACD) and Hemostasis market segments for direct customers in a Call Center environment.
The Manager, Technical Support, Business Line is responsible for the daily oversight and management of their respective Business Line segment of the technical call center. This includes management of staffing needs and call volume, ensuring appropriate response and effective resolution to customer issues, implementation and adherence to business processes, strict adherence to Quality requirements, and identifying opportunities for workflow optimization.
- Provides direct oversight and management of daily operations of the Technical Call Center, including appropriate staffing levels, customer escalation management, customer complaint processing, and TSG Agent performance management.
- Manages and reports on Key Performance Indicators to functional management.
- Utilizes call center data and key performance indicators to evaluate business and staff performance. Continuously identifies and facilitates opportunities for improvement and development.
- Demonstrates dynamic leadership and effective communication that promotes an engaged employee culture and provides TSG agents with recognition and opportunities to be vested in solutions.
- Implements creative customer centric interactions and workflows, monitors and identifies opportunities for improvement to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Implements department specific systems, processes, and critical business procedures as needed in accordance with compliance and business objectives.
- Escalates relevant information on product complaints to appropriate individuals as necessary.
- Conducts written review of staff performance, which involves identifying training needs, improvement opportunities, individual agent goals and objectives, and disciplinary actions as required.
- Monitors calls to ensure highest level of quality and pursues coaching opportunities for maximizing agent performance as required.
- Ultimately responsible for customer escalated issues and driving all efforts towards effective resolution.
- Provide staffing and escalation/management support for a 24x7 operation
- Recommends improvements or enhancements to training programs/offers.
- Travels to customer sites for in-field support and issue resolution as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Budget managed (if applicable)
- Manages and controls TSG budget
Internal Networking/Key Relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
- North America Commercial Operations | Finance | Quality & Regulatory | R&D | Information Technology | Strategic Business Unit: Marketing, Worldwide Service
Skills & Capabilities:
- The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and capabilities:
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Demonstrated leadership capability and/or experience and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills, with the ability to collaborate and present to varying levels of internal/external customers and management
- Ability to adapt and manage effectively in a fast-paced, challenging environment and manage multiple, and often times competing, priorities.
- Highly accountable and drives accountability in others
- Process oriented with focus and process improvement
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, or Engineering required; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years' experience in customer facing role/support function
- IT Solutions: Minimum five years working in IT Solutions customer support role
- Experience in environment that supports Interface Engines, IT Security for healthcare environments, Connectivity, Databases, Networking, and ADT/POCT Devices preferred.
- Call Center experience preferred
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process
- Language: Fluency in English required
- Required: No
- IT Solutions: Up to 30% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialties of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Back to top