Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA.
Performs administrative tasks within the maintenance department, assists with all daily checks related to production and safety equipment, and maintains the plant calibration system.
- Controls spare parts inventory including
- Maintaining appropriate stock levels within SAP
- Ordering and sourcing of spare parts
- Performing cycle counts to ensure inventory levels are accurate
- Maintains orderly and debris-free inventory stock room
- Enters and closes work orders (ZPL0) in SAP for team members.
- Maintains change control management documentation
- Maintains equipment documentation
- Performs daily checklist tasks including gathering of water samples, daily SOP checks and gauge readings, safety inspections, and other items as assigned by team leader.
- Maintain Calibration system to ensure compliance to regulatory standards
- Maintain accuracy of Calibration procedures and records
- Interpret Calibration results and coordinate follow-up actions
- Interact with outside calibration vendors
- Assists in all areas of department as needed and as directed by senior personnel or team leader.
- Performs all duties assigned in a safe manner consistent with Company safety polices.
Budget managed (if applicable) N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Strong computer and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of maintenance experience
- 1 year working with calibration systems within a regulated environment
International Mobility: Required: no
Travel requirements: No
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen team