Maintenance Associate II
- Orangeburg, NY
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Performs administrative tasks within the maintenance department, assists with all daily checks related to production and safety equipment, and maintains the plant calibration system.
- Controls spare parts inventory including
- Maintaining appropriate stock levels within SAP
- Ordering and sourcing of spare parts
- Performing cycle counts to ensure inventory levels are accurate
- Maintains orderly and debris-free inventory stock room
- Enters and closes work orders (ZPL0) in SAP for team members.
- Maintains change control management documentation
- Maintains equipment documentation
- Performs daily checklist tasks including gathering of water samples, daily SOP checks and gauge readings, safety inspections, and other items as assigned by team leader.
- Maintain Calibration system to ensure compliance to regulatory standards
- Maintain accuracy of Calibration procedures and records
- Interpret Calibration results and coordinate follow-up actions
- Interact with outside calibration vendors
- Assists in all areas of department as needed and as directed by senior personnel or team leader.
- Performs all duties assigned in a safe manner consistent with Company safety polices.
Budget managed (if applicable) N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Strong computer and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of maintenance experience
- 1 year working with calibration systems within a regulated environment
International Mobility: Required: no
Travel requirements: No
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialities of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Back to top