Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA.
Performs formulations of Clinical Chemistry, Co-Oximeter, and/or Coagulation controls and reagents using various automated and manual techniques. Formulations are to be performed in accordance with established Quality Standards and GMP requirements
- Must be capable of performing all duties required of a Formulation Tech I.
- Assists in the formulation of products with senior team personnel.
- Must demonstrate good understanding of all team Standard Operation Procedures.
- Maintains equipment in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and written Standards of Procedures.
- Assists in all areas of team as needed.
- Maintains manufacturing documentation and records, i.e., Standard Production.
- Methods, enzyme use logs, sterilization charts, etc.
- Initiates purchase requisitions for team supplies as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by manager
Budget managed (if applicable) N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Oral and written communication skills
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- B.S. in a Science field or equivalent plus 2 years of experience
- This position requires the ability to lift and move materials per current OSHA standards.
International Mobility: Required: no
Travel requirements: No
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen team