Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA.
This position is responsible for the oversight of customer proposal generation and contract review for the IL N. America field sales team and Corporate Accounts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing Request for Proposal (RFP) responses for high-value customers and Integrated Health Networks (IHNs); pricing proposal generation, Supply and Service contract review and negotiation, and analysis/reporting for business decision support. This person will identify and implement process improvements within the Sales Operations organization. The person will contribute to the attainment of overall company, department and area goals and objectives.
- Partner with field sales team and Corporate Accounts to assist with pricing proposal generation and decision support to maximize revenue growth and profitability.
- Lead complex contract negotiations and manages all changes and addendums to existing contracts
- Analyze all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for large-scale Requests for Proposals (RFPs) with responsibilities including coordination of RFP's across internal stakeholders, ensuring responses have been appropriately vetted, and preparation of final documents.
- Manage the contract review process for Customer Supply and Service agreements.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to ensure pricing, business and legal terms have been vetted and prepare final documents reflecting approvals.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of contract requirements.
- Provide direct customer interaction, where required, during negotiations to ensure effective contract execution.
- Develop, interpret and provide contract specific performance reporting and trend analysis in a timely manner, enabling commercial leadership to make quality contracting decisions.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, legal, finance, service and customer service to execute consistent processes and tools that drive maximum efficiency and effectiveness of contract lifecycle management.
- Performs special projects as assigned
Budget Managed (if applicable) N/A
Internal Networking/Key Relationships
- Sales, Marketing, Legal, Service, Corporate Accounts, Finance, Client Services
Skills & Capabilities:
- Superior project management and time-management skills, including effectively managing multiples priorities in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Detail and Process oriented with focus on continuous improvements to maximize effectiveness and efficiencies
- Strong working knowledge of customer contracting process and negotiation of terms and conditions.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with commercial operations leadership and customers.
- Strong decision making skills - ability to prioritize and work independently
- Fluency in French language preferred.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or similar discipline
- Minimum 3 years of related business experience involving sales operations, business analysis, customer service and contracting management functional experience.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong ERP (SAP) and CRM experience preferred.
International Mobility: Required: No
- Some periodic travel may be required
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen team.