Clinical Marketing Manager
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We're passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
The Clinical Marketing Manager is a key member of Instrumentation Laboratory's (IL) strategic business unit supporting the Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics & IT Solutions business lines, reporting to the Director of Marketing & Business Development. Primary responsibilities will focus on driving value selling initiatives, leading the continued development and implementation of Werfen Academy, an eLearning platform complementing IL's product portfolio offerings and as needed shape and drive various market access and pricing initiatives.
- Value Selling & Health Economics:
- Defines the strategic priorities for Value Selling & Health Economic deliverables associated to IL's key products in coordination with the SBU Marketing Directors & Medical Affairs
- Supervises the execution of deliverables including but not limited to Customer Case Studies, Value Calculators, Presentations and analysis of scientific literature
- Supervises clinical studies that are critical to the Health Economics and Clinical Marketing plan or to Key Opinion Leader (KOL) relationships, In coordination with Medical Affairs
- Customer Eduction (Werfen Academy):
- Supervises the continued development and commercial execution of Werfen Academy. Key priorities include commercial local launches in top 7 markets for Werfen, continued development of educational and operator training content and developing a strategy to integrate the platform with the current data management solutions for hemostasis and acute care diagnostics
- Market Access:
- Lead and or / collaborate with Marketing, Medical Affairs and Werfen Commercial Organizations to drive market access and pricing initiatives
- Act as a liaison with industry associations such as Advamedx while actively participating in the relevant sub-committees and annual conferences
- Responsible for leading and managing a small team of Health Economics and Clinical Marketing professionals
The Clinical Marketing Manager will be responsible for a budget allocated for the continued development of the eLearning Platform (Werfen Academy)
Internal Networking/Key Relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
- Senior Management across Werfen Business Lines
- Worldwide Marketing across Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics & IT Solutions
- Global Medical Affairs and Clinical Specialists within the commercial organizations
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and capabilities:
- Ability to lead complex initiatives without direct authority in a global matrix
- Strong teamwork, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven management experience, including recruiting, developing / coaching and retaining employees
Werfen People Manager Competencies: (applicable if in a People Manager Position)
The following competencies form part of the competency model for People Manager at Werfen and form part of our mindset around People Management and Leadership. We expect all People Managers of Werfen not only to demonstrate, but also to constantly continue to develop, the following competencies:
- Building Talent: Planning and supporting the development of individuals' knowledge, skills, and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job responsibilities more effectively.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the internal or external customer's perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities, crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs; promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Driving for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Driving Innovation: Creating an environment (culture) that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external) ; encouraging experimentation with new ways to solve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
Emotional Intelligence Essentials: Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others' emotions and behavior; leveraging insights to effectively manage own responses so that one's behavior matches one's values and delivers intended results.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Undergraduate degree in Life Sciences or engineering required
- MBA is highly desirable.
- At least 3 years of professional work experience required
- Experience in a clinical marketing or market access function within a medical device or diagnostic company is preferred
- Experience managing complex projects in a matrixed environment strongly preferred
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of Laboratory Medicine and Point of Care diagnostics is preferred
- Language: Fluency in English required
- Up to 25% of time
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialties of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Back to top