Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA.
Responsible for the isolation and purification of proteins from recombinant and natural sources
- Sets-up and operates various types of chromatography process, including ion exchange, affinity, hydrophobic interaction, and gel filtration in conformance with established procedures, as well as operate centrifuges, filtration equipment, spectrophotometer, SOS-PAGE system and all other equipment needed for production.
- Creates and submits complete, accurate, and timely device history paperwork. Prepares of buffers for chromatography processes.
- Packs and cleans chromatography columns.
- Performs in-process QC tasks as detailed in SOPs and QCMs.
- Basic maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment. Maintains lab in a clean and orderly manner consistent with ISO and GMP.
- Reviews and understands all team and applicable plant operating and safety procedures.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor and other plant personnel.
- Maintains and clears appropriate vessels for the support of the purification process (i.e. glassware.)
- Understands and follows production documents ( SPM's and QCM's) in the purification of proteins.
- All other duties as assigned by manager.
Budget managed (if applicable) N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- TBD based on departmental needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Possesses basic scientific laboratory skills
- Possesses basic data analysis and documentation skills Frequent intra-team communications
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- BS in a Science field or related technical discipline with up to two years of relevant industrial experience.
- Intermediate computer literacy (Excel, Word, etc.)
- This position requires the ability to lift and move materials per current OSHA standards.
International Mobility: Required: no
Travel requirements: no
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen team