BioReagent Technologist I
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We're passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Responsible for the isolation and purification of proteins from recombinant and natural sources
- Sets-up and operates various types of chromatography process, including ion exchange, affinity, hydrophobic interaction, and gel filtration in conformance with established procedures, as well as operate centrifuges, filtration equipment, spectrophotometer, SOS-PAGE system and all other equipment needed for production.
- Creates and submits complete, accurate, and timely device history paperwork. Prepares of buffers for chromatography processes.
- Packs and cleans chromatography columns.
- Performs in-process QC tasks as detailed in SOPs and QCMs.
- Basic maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment. Maintains lab in a clean and orderly manner consistent with ISO and GMP.
- Reviews and understands all team and applicable plant operating and safety procedures.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor and other plant personnel.
- Maintains and clears appropriate vessels for the support of the purification process (i.e. glassware.)
- Understands and follows production documents ( SPM's and QCM's) in the purification of proteins.
- All other duties as assigned by manager.
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- TBD based on departmental needs
- Possesses basic scientific laboratory skills
- Possesses basic data analysis and documentation skills Frequent intra-team communications
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- BS in a Science field or related technical discipline with up to two years of relevant industrial experience.
- Intermediate computer literacy (Excel, Word, etc.)
- This position requires the ability to lift and move materials per current OSHA standards.
Travel requirements: no
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialties of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Back to top