Associate Product Manager - Hemostasis
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We're passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Supports the Product Manager or the Marketing Director in the definition and implementation of market requirements for new products, and the product management of a dedicated product line. Prepares marketing support program for a specific product, product line, or product area. Coordinates implementation with technical services and field sales organization. Provides Marketing assistance to field personnel and customers.
- Marketing interface with R&D, Operations and QA/RA.
- Prepares and coordinates marketing support programs.
- Contribute to planning and creation of advertising and promotional materials.
- Write technical bulletins and newsletters.
- Keeps informed about developments in medical instrumentation/diagnostic industry as they apply to the company's future marketing plans.
- Provides sales technical training for sales staff.
- Works with field sales staff to develop training requirements and sales tools required to introduce new products and sales campaigns for all or part of product line.
- Makes presentations to customers.
- Understands all maintenance, performance and advantages of IL products.
- Understands technical aspects of IL and competitive products.
- Monitors field test and marketing introduction programs.
- Maintains regular communications with technical services on problems with instruments and reagents within the product line.
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- TBD based on departmental needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work well with diverse groups of people
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Knowledge in Life Sciences: Medical Technology, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry Bachelor's degree in biological science, business administration or marketing discipline, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year prior experience in one of the following positions in the healthcare industry, preferably in the IVD sector: R&D; marketing product specialist; sales; medical technologist in clinical laboratories
International Mobility: Required: no
- 25% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialties of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Meet Some of Instrumentation Laboratory's Employees
Christiana M.Senior Project Coordinator
With 30 years of experience at IL, Christiana has amassed invaluable knowledge in IVD. Today, she works on the development of new products and mentors new team members.
Back to top