VP, Product - Ads
- Flexible / Remote
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
At Instacart, we enable CPG companies to reach consumers in new and innovative ways, by closing the loop on purchases. Our deep integration with our partners allows us to drive innovations on ads in multiple ways - including formats, bidding, quality, reporting, and tooling - to deliver great results for our partners, and concurrently providing a great experience for our users.
ABOUT THE JOB
At a point of major inflection with invention and scale, Instacart is seeking a Vice President of Product to join as a driving force behind the company's product strategy and roadmap for the Ads business. We are looking for a leader to help build our ads team and tap into this
opportunity. This is a once a decade type opportunity to build an ads platform with immense reach/scale.
As VP Product, this individual will play a critical role in developing the product roadmap, and its execution in collaboration with engineering, design, and senior management across the company, to deliver a world-class experience for Instacart users. This person should be a
seasoned Ads product visionary and leader, with a passion for building world-class product teams.
- Leading Ads/CPG product vision, roadmap, and execution across the company
- Scope will include both ads serving (quality, formats, etc.) as well as all of the advertising facing tools including APIs and integrations into other ad exchanges and platforms.
- Recruiting and building and scaling a world-class product organization, while executing the company's ad product strategy
- Establishing processes and infrastructure to manage, enable, guide and scale a fast-growing product organization
- Working cross-functionally with engineering, design, and senior management across the company
- Providing a strong point of view on the direction of the Ads Product to the rest of the leadership team
Background and Qualifications
- Great instincts with proven track record in identifying, hiring, and building a world-class product team.
- Experience leading the organizational development and growth of product functions
- 3+ years of experience in senior management capacity (Director+), leading ads product management function, in late-stage high-growth startup, or established tech company (Google, Facebook, etc.)
- Subject matter expert with a passion for all things Ads, especially ad serving.
- Demonstrated success in an entrepreneurial environment, ideally within a startup or high-growth technology company
- BA/BS required; MBA/MS in CS, math/engineering, or related field with previous experience as a developer.
- Data-driven and results-oriented leader with ability to attract and hire world-class talent
- Collaborative consensus builder who can operate effectively among peer executives
- Execution-focused and self-aware leader, with the ability to drive accountability in oneself and others
- Someone who relishes and thrives working in a less-structured fast-paced environment
Back to top