Technical Account Manager
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
As a Catalog Technical Account Manager, you will manage the technical relationship for our Marketplace retailers. You will become the expert on their catalog and how it functions and appears on Marketplace. You'll leverage your technical aptitude to ensure the timely resolution of complex issues with the catalog and storefront, diagnose root causes, and identify long-term solutions to recurring issues. You'll leverage your customer-facing skills to build and maintain a collaborative and productive relationship with our retailers. You will serve as a trusted advisor to our retailers by ensuring a smooth launch on the platform, assessing ongoing storefront health, and identifying areas of opportunity. You'll partner internally across functions to identify opportunities to drive platform adoption and retailer growth. You will be a personable communicator who enjoys having a customer-facing role and solving technical challenges.
We primarily serve 3 key segments of retailers: 1) large grocers; 2) small and medium-sized grocers; 3) general merchandise retailers (e.g., apparel, hard goods). Should you be offered this role, we will work with you to determine the best fit for your skillset.
This role is for highly motivated and self-directed individuals who are looking to make an impact on the way consumers shop via our cutting edge e-commerce platform and work with retailers across the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Lead the technical relationship with our retailers, focused on the catalog and our Marketplace platform
- Analyze and find opportunities in catalog and storefront health and advise retailers on how to improve their catalog to increase revenue and conversion
- Become an expert on Instacart's catalog and tooling and how retailers can leverage the full functionality
- Onboard new retailers onto Marketplace
- Lead calls with the retailers to onboard and resolve issues
- Prioritize, triage, and resolve a high volume of retailer issues within specified SLAs
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive issue resolution and develop long-term improvements
- Analyze large sets of data, extract trends, and ensure storefront accuracy
- Balance multiple competing priorities, prioritize accordingly, and proactively communicate status of key deliverables
- Be involved in special projects that help our retailers and Instacart achieve strategic goals
- 3+ years working in customer-facing technical account management roles
- Experience in client service roles preferred
- Must be experienced or comfortable in leading internal and external conversations with stakeholders at all levels - C-suite, VP, Director, Managers, and peers
- Solutions-oriented and results-driven
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to respond to pivots in direction
- Ability to quickly understand and confidently translate complex concepts to non-technical and executive audiences
- Experience in retail or a consumer-facing business is a plus
- Excellent project management skills and ability to balance competing priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Advanced in SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, time management and organization skills
- Ability to analyze large sets of data, extract trends, and provide recommendations
- Strong attention to detail
Back to top