Senior Technical Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
As an experienced Technical Program Manager, you drive the future of our products, application and platform. Our team leads exciting technology changes and rapid implementation of innovative new ideas within the engineering organization and across the company. In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of large-scale initiatives, implementing processes and coordination strategically to help teams perform at their best.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage all aspects throughout a software development program -- including timeline, scope, technical requirements, and resource allocation -- and ensure on-time, high-quality delivery of a final product.
- Work with engineering leadership to navigate through advancements in our platform and products. Build strong and collaborative cross-functional relationships and serve as the key interface to key functions, including business dev, legal, product and design.
- Drive program definition by locking down high-level requirements and long-term goals from business and technical stakeholders, and translating those into detailed roadmaps in addition to tasks actionable by engineers.
- Lead communication and action around technical risks, mitigation strategies, expectations, priorities and schedules for programs and roadmaps.
- Proactive in driving process, accountability and productivity improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- 4+ years of experience with program management in software development lifecycles as a TPM, engineering leader, product manager (technical domain) or related discipline.
- BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering or relevant industry experience; Master's degree or PhD preferred.
- Passion for program management, and an established track record of driving programs, having yourself created functional specs, release plans and roadmaps.
- Excellent communication, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence peers and managers, resolve conflict and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity.
- Self-motivation, critical thinking, and adaptability; you balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Willing and able to travel internationally based on job requirements.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Back to top