Senior Technical Account Manager, Ads
- Toronto, Canada
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
As a Senior Enterprise Technical Account Manager (TAM) in Instacart's Platform Support and Operations team, you will draw on your technical troubleshooting skills and customer relationship building abilities to help our ads agency partners get the most out of their investment into Instacart's Ads API. Instacart's Ads API enables agencies to offer their customers the ability to programmatically advertise on Instacart's cutting-edge e-commerce platform. Through ownership of a dedicated number of partner accounts, you effectively handle all technical conversations, lead new partner onboarding and drive issue resolution for support requests. This role is for a highly motivated and self-directed individual seeking an impactful role aimed at empowering Instacart's large and strategic partners to grow with us through world-class, efficient, relentless and continuously improving partner advocacy . This responsibility includes developing a strong partnership across Engineering, Product, Business Development and many other cross-functional partners.
ABOUT THE JOB
The TAM role reports into the Instacart Engineering Organization and is a fundamental component of account management under the Technical Delivery team. You will be working alongside Business Development and Product/Engineering teams. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as the main technical point of contact for ad agency partners; build sustainable relationships with partners.
- Identify, investigate, prioritize, and resolve issues and work with cross-functional partners to develop sustainable solutions.
- Effectively prioritize based on business impact and severity of issues.
- Partner with our Engineering team and other cross-functional teams to provide the highest level of support and subject matter expertise to some of our largest and most strategic partners.
- Work with business, engineering and product teams to execute on partner priorities while also ensuring alignment with broader Instacart goals and objectives.
- As a member of the Technical Delivery team, you will regularly engage with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups. Internally, you will be collaborating with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams, but also engaging with Engineers and Product Managers on a day-to-day basis.
- Support BD with technical insight into partners' usage (SQL query building).
Issue Management & Triaging (appx. 40%)
- Provide frictionless technical support and holistic issue management by triaging and resolving Jira issues in accordance with SLA's and preset business priorities.
- Meticulously document new ideas, lessons learned, and partner-specific knowledge (integrations, customizations, configurations) in our internal knowledge base. This includes the documentation and iteration of technical support processes and runbooks to ensure team productivity and efficient communication.
- Research and implement solutions to prevent or mitigate partner issues through a combination of proactive support and monitoring.
- artner with our Engineering team and other cross-functional teams to provide the highest level of support and subject matter expertise to some of our largest and most strategic partners.
- Investigate data anomalies and answer questions from both internal and external parties.
- Lead status calls with partners on outstanding support issues ranging in severity, complexity, and environment (Production & Non-Production).
New Partner Onboarding (appx. 30%)
- Create guides (run/playbooks) for internal and external stakeholders.
- Remove technical blockers and track project action items and timelines.
- Introduce new partners to the API via walkthrough(s); consult and offer insight on how to best use our product.
- Keep up to date on Instacart's products/platform, i.e. new product features, restrictions and limitations, best practices as well as technical details. Understand and translate complex product and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Execute administrative and legal processes as part of onboarding new partners.
Technical Relationship and Release Management (appx. 20%)
- You will own the overall technical success of the partner relationship, this includes technical deployments (feature adoption, bug fixes, new features/enhancements) and support strategy.
- Make an impact, build relationships & provide meaningful solutions to stakeholders.
- Aid the steady delivery of platform and process innovations and improve partner performance by informing and educating partners on new and existing product features.
- Optimize your portfolio of accounts by consistently reviewing your partner's technical performance and overall platform health - including error rates, up-time, etc., and tweaking variables and configurations for improvements.
- Work with partners and cross functional teams to properly plan, mitigate and execute production changes.
Incident Management (appx. 5%)
- Take on a gatekeeping role (monitoring & alerting) in platform reliability and act as a point of escalation for our partners.
- This role has a rotating on-call component that requires some work outside of normal business hours. When on-call you will conduct initial triaging and impact investigation and own alerting of downstream teams where necessary.
- Own the follow-up on action items and leverage all issues and incidents as opportunities to identify improvement areas and to grow and mature our processes and teams.
Channeling Product Feedback (appx. 5%)
- Advocate on behalf of the partner by being an interface between them and Instacart for product feedback.
- Concentrate, filter and refine product feedback; surface repeated questions and areas of confusion; gather data on potential value of feature requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience with 3+ years of experience working as a Technical Account Manager and/or Support Analyst for Enterprise-grade solutions.
- Bonus if you have experience in the Ads space.
- You have outstanding technical aptitude and acumen. You can quickly learn the ins and outs of our e-commerce platform to optimize partner performance.
- Significant hands-on experience with HTTP REST APIs and SQL. Ability to quickly learn and navigate complex data models is a must-have.
- Deep knowledge of troubleshooting distributed applications.
- You are familiar with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines - experience in working with Docker Containers, Terraform and general release management knowledge would be ideal.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Git/GitHub.You know how to create branches and pull requests.
- experience working with various APM (Application Performance Monitoring) and monitoring platforms (i.e. DataDog, New Relic, Dynatrace)
- You have familiarity with Public Cloud providers such as AWS and GCP.
- Ideally, you have done some programming/software development before. Working knowledge of or the ability to read and understand software written in Ruby or Python is an asset.
- You excel at learning new software quickly and often have an intuitive knowledge about how features work.
- Incident management experience for mission-critical issues impacting production environments.
- You have initiated and driven significant process improvements in the past, leading to better customer outcomes.
Customer-Facing Experience and Soft Skills
- You are independent and thrive in a self-motivated fast-paced, often ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment. You have a strong bias for action and the ability to juggle multiple priorities. You can create a sense of urgency for day-to-day priorities requiring immediate attention.
- You approach troubleshooting strategically and critically always looking to challenge the status quo and offer up viable solutions/options. Ideally, you are familiar with ITIL processes and best practices.
- You possess the ability to quickly understand and translate complex product and technical concepts to non-technical and executive audiences through your developed skill set of interfacing with external stakeholders.
- You have a data-driven decision making mentality that will allow you to draw insights and tell a compelling story to improve customer performance and relationships.
- You have a detail oriented mindset with the ability to thrive in fast moving, ambiguous environments.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Back to top