Senior Revenue Accountant
- San Francisco, CA
We are searching for a q ualified and experienced Senior Revenue Accountant to join our team, reporting into the Revenue Accounting Manager. This a crucial role that will assist in overseeing revenue accounting in a fast paced environment. The role provides significant growth opportunity as it encompasses day to day controllership duties as well as involvement on a number of project based initiatives. The candidate should expect to leverage current skill-sets while also focusing on learning quickly and adding value to the current processes.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Author accounting memos on new sales arrangements to ensure revenue recognition following company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards under ASC 606
- Research accounting guidance and document our position on revenue transactions
- Responsible for reviewing financial statements and performing fluctuation analyses of deferred revenue, accounts receivable, and revenue accounts.
- Review month-end close activities, such as reviewing transactions, reviewing manual journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare complex workpapers for month-end close activities.
- Track and review contracts and orders before they are finalized and entered into the system to ensure all documentation is in compliance with company policy
- Assist in the development of controls over the data used for reporting revenue.
- Collaborate with other departments across the business on pending deals and process improvement opportunities - as it affects revenue recognition.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the external audit process
- Assist in special projects and other duties as appropriate.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related fields with 5+ years of relevant experience in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and public accounting experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in a high growth, fast--paced start-up environment is highly preferred with expert ability to switch between competing initiatives as needed
- Eager to take on new tasks and projects with little supervision
- Strong written, oral communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take ownership of work product and improve processes
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word / Excel
- Experience with Oracle Cloud is a plus
Bonus if you have....
- Experience with Oracle Financials, SAP or ERP system
- Experience with Zendesk a plus
Back to top