Senior Quantitative Researcher, Growth
- San Francisco, CA
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Research team is dedicated to understanding the future of online grocery shopping and how current behaviors and needs may be rapidly evolving. We generate insights that drive product strategy and innovation. We are a collaborative and tight-knit team, and we partner with product, design, data science, and engineering to help build products that solve real problems for people and support Instacart's mission.
We're looking for a Senior Quantitative Researcher to join our Growth team and connect the world to Instacart. This role will help identify and shape our long term growth strategies through clear insights that lead to strong recommendations and successful outcomes.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner closely with a cross-functional team of data scientists, product managers, designers, economists, and engineers who are passionate about building products
- Proactively identify the right questions we should be asking and drive the research strategy (in collaboration with your partners) on pricing models and new growth opportunities
- Design and conduct research to understand customer perceptions and behaviors through quantitative methods such as surveys, behavioral data, and experiments
- Combine attitudinal data with behavioral, as well as qualitative feedback, to paint a deeper understanding of customers
- Identify quantitative insights that help shape the team's levers to with long term growth, retention, and churn
- Utilize a wide range of storytelling techniques and communicate research insights in a clear, opinionated, and compelling way that influences and leads to action
- Provide mentorship for junior researchers and seeks to uplevel others by proactively sharing expertise, techniques, and knowledge
- 5+ years research experience in an applied industry role, demonstrating:
- Proven ability of influencing product strategy through clear, concise and impactful storytelling
- Experience with complex surveys including questionnaire design, creating sampling frames, significance testing, and weighting
- Experience working with large data sets across surveys, behavioral logs data, and A/B experiments
- Experience applying advanced statistical methods (e.g., regression, modeling, dimension reduction)
- Experience with data extraction, manipulation, and analysis using R/Stata, SQL/Hive, and Python
- Experience working within e-commerce, online marketplaces, groceries, or consumer tech a plus
- Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field or the equivalent experience desired
Back to top