Senior Product Manager, New Verticals
- San Francisco, CA
Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in nearly 100 major US markets, provided flexible work to hundreds of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered billions in grocery products.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We're finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
A Product Leader at Instacart has a mix of principled thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth. They are ultimately responsible for owning the product and leading a cross-functional team to take ideas and iteratively, bring them to life. We'd like you to have a customer-first mindset and demonstrate experience in delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research.
ABOUT THE JOB
Instacart wants to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. We believe that giving people time back means not only helping them with their weekly grocery run, but making it possible to get additional items delivered in 2 hours as well. We've helped our customers by expanding from groceries into alcohol and prescription medications. This role is all about helping us define what categories are next and evolving the Instacart product to support new verticals.
- You will help set the strategy for which verticals Instacart should bring on to the platform.
- You will help build the roadmap for how we will move from grocery delivery today to anything delivery tomorrow.
- You will lead, navigate and collaborate with cross-functional and cross-geographical teams, including engineering, product, design, operations, marketing to bring this roadmap to life.
- You will end up touching all parts of the Instacart product and working closely with external partners.
- You solve problems from first principles. You're excited about solving complex and sometimes ambiguous problems and look at new and novel solutions that go beyond "this is how it's been one" thinking.
- You have ability to operate at both at 10,000 foot level and ground level. You don't hesitate to get into the weeds and operate at that level level of detail, but you're comfortable defining long-term strategy and help inspire teams.
- You embrace ambiguity and relish learn, driving and working in an agile start-up environment.
- You are very analytical and use data to help drive calculated risk.
- You enjoy and success in high-performing cultures and understand how to tackle different vertical challenges.
- A minimum of 5+ years in Product Management at a technology company with completion of full product lifecycle (inception / concept to GTM)
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Deep intuition and strong passion for developing great user experiences
- Ability to develop strong roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Experience developing and maintaining close alignment with cross-functional teams across business development, engineering, design and product
- Entrepreneurial experience a plus
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck-everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Back to top