Senior Product Manager, Fulfillment: Shopper Fraud
- San Francisco, CA
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. Groceries are a vital part of our lives, but shopping for them hasn't fundamentally changed since the first supermarket opened 100 years ago.
Food is sustenance, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We're finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
We're building a team of incredibly talented product leaders to define and execute on our vision of being the world leader in online grocery. You'll work among star engineers, designers, data scientists, and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role demands a mix of principled thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth.
About the Trust & Safety Team
We're looking for a Product Manager to join our Trust & Safety product team, whose mission is to maintain the integrity of the Instacart platform for shoppers, customers and retailers. The Trust and Safety PM will focus on 2 primary areas:
- Identity verification
- Backend classification
You will be responsible for building a cohesive vision and product strategy for verifying the identity of Instacart's community of shoppers. You will lead efforts to build confidence in our shopper base and have a better understanding of our relationship with them.
Additionally you will build out Instacart's growing efforts in Machine Learning detection to more proactively detect and prevent negative behavior on the Instacart platform. You will partner with Instacart's Trust & Safety Operations team to identify the biggest opportunities to make Instacart safe and secure. You will develop and deploy new ML models targeting abuse as well as build front-end product solutions for anyone suspected of abusive behavior.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, research, data science, operations, marketing, local markets, and more.
- You'll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for initiatives across audiences of our 4-sided marketplace, connecting customers, shoppers, retailers, and advertisers
- Work closely with teams spread across Instacart's different locations (San Francisco, Toronto, Atlanta) with a willingness to travel to those locations as needed
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly
- Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- A minimum of 5-6 years in Product Management at a technology company, with 2-3 years in Trust & Safety or Risk
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop, mobile web)
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Experience partnering with engineering on developing, evaluating and deploying machine-learning models for detecting suspicious/negative activity.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Passion for building products that unlock value for people who are not power users
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
Back to top