Senior Manager, Tax Controversy
- San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Tax Controversy to join our Global Indirect Tax team and help build our audit program. You are keen on developing processes and controls, but your passion for technology, systems and data will be key to your success. This candidate should expect to work cross-functionally and collaboratively, manage multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment, and build processes for scalability.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build our multi-state tax audit program, including project managing the entire audit process, working directly with outside tax advisors on technical issues, building relationships with the exam team, and collaborating with our Financial Systems team to respond timely to document requests
- Conduct research of tax laws, regulations and case law to resolve audited related tax issues and support return positions
- Support the indirect tax compliance team to ensure audit results are accurately reflected and accounted for on returns
- Collaborate with Finance and Accounting to communicate exam resolutions and consider impacts of current and proposed law changes to tax reserves and disclosure requirements
- Collaborate with the Public Policy Team to help influence the legislative process of proposed law changes
- Work with various teams, such as Business Development, Product, Engineering, Finance, and Legal to communicate technical tax requirements to non-technical stakeholders
- Train, mentor and develop team members
- 10+ years of indirect tax experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with managing the audit process both US and international
- Strong communication and ability to influence
- Experience interacting effectively with external service providers
- Positive attitude, team-oriented and enthusiasm for Instacart
Back to top