Senior iOS Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
At Instacart, our mobile engineers are working to delight our customers and empower our shoppers. We're building a robust, well-architected app to simplify the complex process of getting our customer's orders from the store to their door in an hour or less.
We're looking for iOS engineers to build the mobile apps at the core of Instacart's business. On the customer side, our mobile engineers are tasked with building a flexible and intuitive app for all of our customers-from the technologically savvy to those who just got their first iPhone. On the Shopper side, developers are building a critical tool that guides shoppers through the store as they select items for our customers, all the way through last-mile logistics and delivery. On the Enterprise side, our mobile engineers are developing white-label products and APIs that let retailers build and maintain their own digital storefronts.
ABOUT THE JOB
In your application , please include a short note about your background and interests, your Github username, and/or links to any projects that represent your skill set.
- Executing a variety of projects to extend and enhance our Instacart application for iPhone and iPad
- Building new features to create an experience nothing short of magical
- Bachelor's degree in computer science is preferred with 7+ years of software development experience and at least 5 years of iOS app development experience
- Very strong development skills in Swift and Objective C, iOS SDK, and good general programming and algorithm skills
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of urgency and ownership in your work
- Proven customer facing application development, troubleshooting, deployment and application performance tuning experience
- Proven ability to build, launch and iterate on apps under pressure
- Willing and able to travel internationally based on job requirements
Back to top