Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
- Toronto, Canada
We're looking for seasoned Full-Stack Engineers with experience in building web-based applications and tools to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to building tools for ad campaigns and sign-ups.
We love Full-Stack Engineers, not only capable of building a solution but owning the problem end to end. There is a tremendous amount of opportunity in front of us, and joining now gives you a chance to grow your career and interests as we succeed.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Be part of a distributed team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly.
- Ship high-quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed.
- Work closely with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- Experience with relational databases [Postgres / MySQL]
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with at least one SPA framework/library [React / Vue / Angular]
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience building APIs [GraphQL (Preferable) / REST]
- Have worked on web applications in the past
- Collaborated closely with cross-functional teams
- Experience integrating and weaving together multiple internal systems
- Familiar with SPA vs SSR vs Static Sites, trade-offs, performance considerations
- 5+ years relevant web development experience
- Excited by constantly learning new technologies & skillsets - thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Ownership over systems and team that you work on
- Advocate for improving software & process
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including infrastructure and other product teams across the company to deliver a consistently great user experience.
- As part of a core/critical business function, be able to produce good written technical documentation as an effective means of communication with the rest of the organization
- Be ready to lead the planning, design, implementation, rollout and operation of a feature
Back to top