Senior Engineering Manager
- Toronto, Canada
Since Instacart started in 2012, we've expanded to 25 markets and partnered with 350+ retailers across the North America. Our mission is to transform everyday life by seeking & solving seemingly impossible problems.
We're looking for a senior engineering leader in Toronto to help support the build of high reliability, low latency full stack software, build beautiful and functional interfaces across apps and web, fast feature development combined with rigorous experimentation.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build and lead a full-stack engineering team and manage the development of features.
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of Software Engineers as well as some experience managing Managers
- Strong ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and the shipping of high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a strong sense of ownership
Back to top