Senior Data Quality Engineer
- Toronto, Canada
Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in nearly 100 major US markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered more than $1B in grocery products.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We're finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Catalog team is responsible for defining how products should be represented to customers. We spend a lot of time focusing on questions like - What do customers want to know when they buy meat for dinner? How do we help customers discover new products to love by knowing more about what's in the grocery store than they do? What data is needed to tailor our Catalog to a specific customer's preferences and dietary needs? You'll be joining a team of individuals that are passionate about answering these questions.
Our Catalog's data powers our customer experiences, our advertisements, our shopper app, and our retailer platform - as such, this role works closely with our product and engineering teams across our whole business. This role works with both the Catalog and other Instacart engineering teams to understand data quality issues and work with product and engineering to build systems to find and proactively prevent data issues in the future. You will be joining our rapidly growing Catalog team - a group responsible for managing over 5 billion data points (and growing) that represent assortments from retailers from across North America.
- A minimum of 5+ years working in software quality, test engineering, data analysis or relevant technical background
- Ability to identify data and software quality issues and work with engineering teams to find and fix the root causes
- Improve testing and validation infrastructure to proactively prevent future issues
- Be a user advocate for our customers, retailers and shoppers
- Strong data analysis skills using languages like SQL and Python
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
Back to top