Senior Corporate Paralegal
- San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are looking for a Senior Corporate Paralegal to join our growing legal team. As a member of the legal team, you will work closely with colleagues across multiple internal functional groups on a wide range of corporate matters, including corporate governance, entity management, securities law compliance, licensing, strategic transactions, policy implementation, and regulatory filings. The ideal candidate will enjoy multitasking and working on competing priorities, be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, be willing to take on new projects and help out where needed. Currently based anywhere in the United States, but once pandemic restrictions lift and life normalizes, you will be expected to work primarily from the Bay Area.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Coordinate and prepare for board, committee and stockholder meetings and pre-read deliverables.
- Assist with maintaining minute books and corporate records, including director and officer information, governance policies, and compliance processes.
- Provide administrative support to the team and play a key role managing transaction documents, diligence materials, reviewing and executing contracts, and maintaining confidentiality.
- Manage corporate knowledge and records and help coordinate with finance and regulatory teams on various requests in connection with filings and examinations.
- Provide corporate support for various initiatives and strategic transactions, including providing support and project management for due diligence, data rooms, and preparing and organizing deal documents.
- Assist with the filing of registrations, licensing, disclosure materials, and similar documents with government agencies.
- Provide assistance with forming and managing domestic and international subsidiaries.
- Partner with our global equity team to ensure a best in class equity program.
- Help to develop, implement and continually improve processes and procedures.
- BS or BA from an accredited university.
- A minimum of five years of corporate paralegal experience at a top-tier law firm, and at least two years on an in-house public company legal team supporting corporate transactional work and public company reporting.
- Experience supporting multinational companies with international business operations.
- Extremely detail oriented, impressive organizational skills, and a practical approach.
- A positive can-do attitude, good judgment, and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and take on additional projects as necessary.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
- The ability to self-motivate and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with a desire to develop better and more efficient processes.
- Experience with Google Workplace (G Suite), entity management systems, and board portals is a plus.
- California Notary Public certification is a plus.
Back to top