Senior Content Designer
- San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
As a Senior Content Designer, you will help shape Instacart's products with straightforward, human, and clear UX/UI copy. From ideation through implementation, you'll partner with Instacart designers, product managers, researchers, and engineers to plan and create the content for Instacart products, continually improve the content, and evolve Instacart's voice and content standards to align with our business design.
The perfect candidate has a versatile skill set that helps them plan and write content for web/mobile interfaces-including interaction flows, product orientations, feature names, navigational nomenclature, notifications, error messages, and more. You should be equally adept at high-level design and hands-on writing and have a thorough understanding of design thinking and user experience.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve content including interface language, product orientations, product nomenclature, navigational text and other content throughout Instacart experiences
- Establish and maintain content standards with consistency while evolving the Instacart voice
- Collaborate with visual designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and marketers to serve a broad audience
- Create compelling long-term content strategies that allow content to scale globally
- Share your work and give feedback to teammates
- Promote content design at Instacart in the broader community of design and content professionals
- 5+ years of experience working with content for web or mobile experiences
- The ability to convey complexity simply
- An understanding of information architecture, effective hierarchies, and the interplay between visual design and language
- An extremely high attention to detail and organization
- Passion for your work and for helping the backbone of Instacart, our shoppers
- Outstanding collaboration skills with the desire, passion, and patience to work cross-functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goals
- The ability to remain calm and focused when handling multiple projects; meets deadlines with ease and accuracy
- Comfort and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
Please include a portfolio or link to work that showcases a range of experiences from interfaces, microcopy, orientations, emails, notifications, launch materials, or style guides.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Back to top