We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Instacart Creative Team is looking to hire a Creative Brand Writer. This individual will be responsible for creating digital campaign concepts that promote Instacart products, retail partners, and other features and benefits that customers and shoppers care about. You'll work with marketing designers and marketing partners to generate ideas that are executed across multiple channels, including social and display ads, email, OOH, direct mail, TV and video.
- Effectively process project creative briefs, distilling project goals and concepting/executing to meet those goals
- Understand strategic goals of Instacart business and how those translate into specific project briefs
- Hold a high bar for writing craft, ensuring all final work is on brief and of high quality
- Develop campaigns that will execute across multiple channels, including digital ads, direct mail, email, and video
- Collaborate closely with Creative team, including Designers and other Writers, and partner closely with Marketing counterparts
- Present work to Creative Directors and Marketing team partners for feedback
- Help bring build culture and bring creative inspiration to the team, bringing new ideas to the table and sharing work that motivates you
- Experience in brand/marketing copywriting for digital ads and video
- Knowledge and understanding of performance/growth marketing
- Experience working for a tech company, start-up, or client-side communications
- Ability to read and process a creative brief, ask critical questions that help you find the creative solution, and create to the project goals
- 5+ years of experience writing in-house or in a creative agency
- Creative problem solver when it comes to designing outside the box and working within design constraints
- Highly creative in writing for brand ads, messages, positioning
- Able to write quickly, iterate on multiple concepts, and can incorporate feedback from multiple cross-functional partners
- Clear communicator, verbally and visually
- Flexible and thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely collaborative and take feedback with a positive and curious attitude
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.