We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Application Support Analysts are key contributors to Instacart's Platform Support organization. In this role, you will leverage customer-facing experiences and be responsible for Instacart's Support triaging, execution, and resolution of severity 0, 1, and 2 incidents. You will research and implement solutions to prevent or mitigate customer issues through a combination of proactive support and monitoring. You will partner with our Engineering team and other cross-functional teams to provide the highest level of support and subject matter expertise to some of our largest and most strategic accounts. This is a suitable career opportunity for a highly motivated, customer-centric, self-directed individual who is interested in learning and supporting a cutting-edge e-commerce SaaS/mobile platform.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage incoming external and internal stakeholder requests via JIRA Service Desk
- Solve complex challenges - use your research and superior communication skills to provide clear and accurate resolution paths on incoming tickets in accordance with SLA's
- Make an impact, build relationships & provide meaningful solutions to stakeholders
- Recreate and replicate technical challenges with a mission to drive product change via configuration management, fixes, and deployments to client production and testing environments
- Contribute to the creation and enhancement of an application support specific customer knowledge base and document repository to be used for managing the technical specifics/requirements of each client
- Understand and translate complex product and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Be part of an exciting application support team that thrives on meeting and exceeding expectations
- Manage multiple priorities and own your work from end to end
- This role has a rotating on-call component that requires some work outside of normal business hours
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience in an Application Support role focused on large scale enterprise customers
- 4+ years of experience working with Python or another modern programing language.
- 4+ years of experience working with SQL
- 2+ years of experience working in a Linux environment
- Practical experience and a deep understanding of ITIL incident management, problem, and change management
- Experience managing multiple testing environments (UAT, Staging, Pre-Prod) and related contentions
- Experience with release management principles and methodology
- 3+ year of experience working with various APM (Application Performance Monitoring) and monitoring platforms (i.e. DataDog, New Relic, Dynatrace)
- 3+ year of experience working with JIRA Service Desk or similar (ZenDesk, Intercom, etc.) and various plug-ins/automated workflows for ticket and incident management
- Curious and independently minded with a proven ability to thrive in a self-motivated fast-paced, ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment
- Strong communication skills & bias for action
- Experience creating and maintaining customer specific playbooks, SOPs (standard operating procedures) and operating manuals
- You possess the foresight to anticipate and address potential issues before they become issues
- It's a bonus if you have grocery/retail experience, automation experience, DevOps or CI/CD experience, experience working in an Agile environment, or BI/Data Analytics experience (i.e. Tableau)
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.