Senior Android Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly
- Collaboration with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
- Shipping high quality solutions with urgency
- Championing Android: educating colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features
- Bachelor's degree in computer science with 7+ years of software development experience and at least 2 years of Android app development experience
- Strong development skills in Java and with Android SDK
- Good general programming and algorithm skills
- A strong sense of ownership
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Willingness and ablilty to travel internationally based on job requirements
- Experience with RxJava
- Interest in Kotlin
- Data Driven mindset
- Automated testing experience
Back to top